I own an Orient automatic mechanical watch, model ETOP-C0-B, which I received in a lucky bag from Yodobashi Camera in 2017. I am pleased with the design and the watch has been functioning well. However, like many other users, I neglected to read the user manual and have since discarded it. Recently, I noticed that the date on my watch is incorrect for the first time. I am unsure how to adjust it, and winding the hands to complete 5-6 days seems tedious. Luckily, there is a better way to adjust the date on my watch.
- Wind the minute hand to 23:30.
- Wind the minute hand forward until 03:00. At this point, the date should jump to the next day.
- Rewind the minute hand back to 23:30.
- Again, wind the minute hand forward until 03:00. The date should jump to the next day again.
- By repeating this process, you can set the date a little quicker than winding the whole 5-6 days.